Our desire is to provide the opportunity for you to express your heart in worship, connect with others and impact the world around you with the love of Christ.
Our ministries are organized by these three primary concepts:
Church at Viera started in 1987 as a small group called Suntree Baptist Chapel. In 1992, the mission church called Mark Ragsdale to be lead pastor and relaunched with the new name Church at Viera. For four years, we met in the School Board Facility as the first church in Viera. We then built our first facility in 1996 on 10.7 acres on Murrell Road. 380 people attended our Grand Opening services.
In 2003, we made the decision to purchase 30 acres on Wickham Road and Stadium Parkway. We relocated the church in 2007 to our present location with over 1,000 people in average attendance. Today we average over 1,900 in weekend attendance and over 3,000 on special holidays. We have seven pastors overseeing a staff of over 30 people.
Some distinctions of our church culture are:
- We hold four culturally relevant worship services in two different venues
- We are conservative in our theology but flexible in our methodology
- We hold tight to biblical convictions but are grace-oriented in our approach
- We build up parents to be the faith influencers in their families
- We are a large church with big visions but build community through small groups
- We seek to make a caring impact through serving in our neighborhoods, our county and through our global initiatives
- We seek to be a place of grace where Christ changes lives
In the coming years, we will seek to build out our 30 acre site with facilities which will enable us to expand our ministries to thousands in this county. We want every person in this county to hear how Jesus Christ can change his or her life. Our leadership team is always searching for ways that we can share God’s love and have a greater impact locally and globally.